Assistant Maintenance Director
Pearlstone Center seeks an Assistant Maintenance Director. This person will be responsible for the preventive maintenance and repairs of the facility, equipment and grounds of the Pearlstone Center. S/He will assist with completing preventive maintenance schedules and maintenance repair schedules and will engage in the scheduled tasks as required.
Strong preference for individuals with experience with, interest in, and/or enthusiasm for green building, energy efficiency and sustainability in general. Pearlstone is a green retreat center and environmental education center, and our maintenance approach reflects those values.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems a plus.
- Knowledge of construction principles and standards.
- Ability to schedule, plan and complete repair and renovation projects.
- Ability to read building plans and schematic drawings.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Operate with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to accept new responsibilities and direction as necessary.
Qualifications include: high school diploma; four years of experience in plant operations, construction and/or repair work; and a valid Maryland State driving license. Interested candidates should apply online.
As Cook, under the supervision of the Executive Chef, the employee is responsible for assisting in: the quality preparation, presentation and serving of all food; ensuring timeliness and appropriate quantities; and the maintenance of a clean, sanitary, organized, safe and efficient kitchen environment. This position will require weekend hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of hands-on cooking experience and knowledge of kosher observance and Jewish style cooking
- Three years of experience preparing food in large quantities, for 50-250+ people
- Food service Sanitation Certificate (Serve Safe) issued by or accepted by the state of Maryland
- Experience in a hotel/retreat center a plus
- Abide by kosher laws
- Food procurement, receiving and storage
- Inventory management
- Food production
- Guest service
or send resume to email@example.com.
The Pearlstone Center, located in Reisterstown, is seeking a part-time/on-call Facility Associate to assist in the day to day operations at the Center. The two main areas of this position include food service and overall care and appearance of the facility including: meeting rooms, common areas, dining areas, kitchen, lodging rooms, bathrooms, and storage areas.
Candidate will be called upon to participate in catering services including table setting, serving, light kitchen prep and clean-up. Responsibilities will also entail housekeeping duties that include, but are not limited to, sanitizing and restocking bathrooms, vacuuming, window cleaning, and making beds.
Candidate must be extremely organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional customer service is a must. All candidates must have reliable transportation as no public transportation is nearby Center.
This position does not include benefits. Work schedule is as need and flexible, but will not exceed eighteen hours per week. One year of similar work experience is helpful, but not required and willingness to learn about the kosher food service industry.
Interested candidate should sent resume to: THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, Human Resources Department, 101 West Mount Royal Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
fax to: 410-837-1279
or apply at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4295411.