Director of Facilities and Maintenance
Job Summary: Pearlstone Center seeks an experienced facilities and maintenance professional to be responsible for coordinating and implementing preventive maintenance and repairs of the facility, equipment, and the grounds of the Pearlstone Center Campus. The director will engage in hands-on maintenance along with supervising a maintenance assistant and a network of contractors and service providers. Key abilities for this position include a proven track record of success, consistent efficiency, excellent time management, a systems approach to organizing information and workflow, and great communication.
Pearlstone is a green retreat center and environmental education center, and our maintenance approach reflects those values. A strong preference will be given to candidates with green building credentials and experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of construction principles and standards as they pertain to a multi-building campus
- Ability to budget, schedule, plan, supervise and complete repair and renovation projects.
- Ability to read building plans and schematic drawings.
- Understanding of LEED and other standards for green building design, construction, and operations that achieve comprehensive and documented performance outcomes.
- Experience researching, implementing, maintaining, and reporting on the performance of industry-leading green building practices, materials, and technologies.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic hospitality environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and to operate with a sense of urgency.
- Flexibility to accept new responsibilities and direction as necessary.
- High school diploma
- Ten years of experience in plant operations, construction, and/or repair work.
- Four years of experience in budget oversight; experience working directly with clients or senior management; and experience training, managing, and evaluating staff.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (or LEED AP Operations and Maintenance), or other comparable green building credentials are a plus.
- Valid Maryland State driving license with a good record
How to Apply: Resumes should be sent to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekend Chef (part-time)
Job Summary: The Weekend Chef is responsible for the quality preparation, presentation and serving of all food, in the supervision of prep cooks, and in the maintenance of a clean, sanitary, safe and efficient kitchen environment. The appropriate candidate must be able to work autonomously and with a sense of urgency. The Weekend Chef will be directly supervised by, and must be willing to support and take direction from, the Executive Chef.
The hours for this position will be 15-24 hours between the days of Friday and Sunday. However, should there be a special event during the week, the Weekend Chef may be called upon. In the absence of the Executive Chef due to vacation or extended illness, the Weekend Chef may be asked to assume appropriate areas of that responsibility on a temporary basis.
Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Five years of hands-on cooking experience.
Knowledge of kosher observance and Jewish style cooking recommended.
Three years of experience preparing food in large quantities, 50-250+ people.
Food service Sanitation Certificate (Serve Safe) issued by or accepted by the state of Maryland.
How to Apply: Resumes should be sent to email@example.com
The Pearlstone Center, located in Reisterstown, is seeking a part-time/on-call Facility Associate to assist in the day to day operations at the Center. The two main areas of this position include food service and overall care and appearance of the facility including: meeting rooms, common areas, dining areas, kitchen, lodging rooms, bathrooms, and storage areas.
Candidate will be called upon to participate in catering services including table setting, serving, light kitchen prep and clean-up. Responsibilities will also entail housekeeping duties that include, but are not limited to, sanitizing and restocking bathrooms, vacuuming, window cleaning, and making beds.
Candidate must be extremely organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and possess the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional customer service is a must. All candidates must have reliable transportation as no public transportation is nearby Center.
This position does not include benefits. Work schedule is as need and flexible, but will not exceed eighteen hours per week. One year of similar work experience is helpful, but not required and willingness to learn about the kosher food service industry.
Interested candidate should sent resume to: THE ASSOCIATED: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, Human Resources Department, 101 West Mount Royal Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
fax to: 410-837-1279
or apply at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4295411.