ASSISTANT ANIMAL MANAGER
Pearlstone Center seeks a dynamic Assistant Animal Manager to join our farm team. Pearlstone Center includes an educational farm which is currently home to a 100-bird flock of heritage-breed laying hens, seven educational dairy goats and five ducks. The assistant animal manager is responsible for assisting the animal manager with day-to-day management of livestock operations, infrastructure and products; supervision and training of apprentices and volunteers; support and participation in animal education programs and serving as a member of the farm team. Farm team members follow the farm seasonal schedule, attend weekly farm meetings and assist with CSA, farmers markets, and some educational programs.
The successful candidate will have a flexible and positive attitude as well as knowledge of, and experience in:
- Animal husbandry particularly regarding goats and chickens
- Compliance with state poultry and livestock regulations and good sanitation standards and practices
- Sustainable pasture optimization and rotational grazing methods
- Planning, purchasing and maintaining inventory of feed and supplies
- Efficient project planning and budgeting skills
- Supervising, training and managing volunteers and apprentices
- Effective and professional communication skills
Competitive compensation package including salary, benefits, and housing. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Pearlstone Center, 5425 Mt. Gilead Road, Reisterstown, MD, 21136 or firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls. Pearlstone Center is an equal opportunity employer.