Pearlstone sits on 160 acres with rolling hills, wooded trails, a 2-acre pond, sport fields and educational farm.
The Pearlstone Retreat Center grounds features a diverse array of both annual and perennial crops as well as an animal pasture. The farm includes gardens and cultivated plots all around the retreat center and includes the Rose Winder Greenhouse as well as a new USDA funded high tunnel. Annual crops are grown on just under two acres using sustainable methods with an emphasis on building healthy, fertile soils, crop rotation, composting and diversity. The farm is not yet certified Organic although all production methods are. Perennial crops include divers fruit orchards, brambles, perennial herbs, asparagus and gourmet mushrooms on just over two acres of land. Dairy goats, dual-purpose sheep, and laying hens graze in a seasonal rhythm through two acres of pasture and orchard.
We embody, teach and inspire the practice of environmental sustainability. We make the environmentally friendly choice whenever possible, including everything from recycled copy paper to supplies such as toilet paper and tissues. The water in our Kitchen is heated using a Solar Hot Water Heater, and scraps from kitchen prep go directly to our own compost which is used on our farm. We are always looking for ways to be more green on our own property, and we are leading initiatives to inspire others to do the same around the community which you can read more about here.
Other noteworthy features of our property include:
- Programs and Activities: our on-site educators can lead a variety of workshops for team-building, education or pure entertainment.
- Campfire: our fire pit area is set up with everything you need! There is no additional cost but please reserve in advance. We can include S’mores ingredients as part of your Meal Package!
- Hiking Trail: a 2.2 mile loop surrounds our property, you can do just a portion or the whole thing! Link to map
- Meditation garden: enjoy some quiet time individually or as a group while enjoy the natural setting of our property
- Lounges: we have 3 lounges located near the overnight accommodations which can be used for formal meetings or informal gatherings. Each is equipped with comfortable seating, a TV, water dispensers and they are accessible to all overnight guests at any time.
- Fitness Room: a selection of exercise equipment including a treadmill, elliptical, nautilus, free weights, and stationary bike and is accessible to all overnight guests at any time