Thank you to all who attended this year’s conference! Stay tuned for more information and save the date for next year! Nov 20-23, 2014 at Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center.
We’re delighted to announce that Pearlstone Center, Hazon, and the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center are launching a Jewish Intentional Communities Initiative.
Together we share a vision that over the next 3-10 years, new Jewish intentional communities will bloom across the country—from urban kibbutzim to rural moshavim, suburban co-ops, and more—and that these dynamic and vibrant new Jewish communities will become inspiring catalysts in an ongoing renaissance in American Jewish life.
We anticipate participants from across the country, including people who are already members of intentional communities as well as folks who are just curious and excited by the idea. We hope to learn from and share with each other, vision together, and plant seeds for communities to come.
- Learn about the Jewish historical and cultural roots of intentional communal living
- Build relationships through learning, prayer, meals, and rituals
- Learn from successful communities – urban and rural, Jewish and diverse
- Learn tools and gain skills for your own communal application
- Join an international network cultivating Jewish intentional community
- Build skills in non-violent communication; ecological sustainability and community design; and community economics and finances
- Meet with a diverse and pluralistic Jewish community
- Celebrate community culture
After this first year’s conference at Pearlstone, next year’s event (2014) will be at the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center; we plan to alternate conference locations back and forth between Pearlstone and Isabella Freedman each year.
For more information contact: Neely Snyder 410.429.4400 ext 246